E-POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
The Jakarta Convention Center
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING E-POSTERS
All posters accepted for ISCARD 2019 will be displayed in the digital format only on high-resolution monitors. All Poster presentation will be presented in multi-media E-Posters.
Authors are requested to be at their assigned monitors for the period of time specified time. During this time authors should be available for discussion of the E-Poster. A formal presentation would be necessary (Schedule will be informed).
You will be informed of your program number as well as your computer assignment before the meeting. However, when you arrive at the meeting, check the program to confirm the day, time and monitor for your presentation, in case there have been last minute changes.
CREATING AND DESIGNING YOUR E-POSTER
Poster size and orientation
- All posters will be set in portrait style orientation (and all information (i.e. text, data, photos, and figures) must be designed to appear within one window/slide.
- If you design your E-Poster in PowerPoint (PPT), ALL information must be appeared within ONE (1) slide only. Use Page Setup and choose Slide Size: “Custom (Width 50 cm, Height 90 cm)” with a Portrait (vertical) orientation.
- Save your PPT into PDF format.
- The resolution of the monitors used for e-poster presentation is 1920 x 1080 pixels and the size is 52,3 cm x 93,3 cm (in Portrait orientation). All the presenters are required to set the resolution of their e-posters the same as the monitors’.
Essential Information to Include on E-Poster
- Poster should be written ONLY in English language.
- Poster Number (on the top left corner)
- Title of the E-Poster (should be brief and match with the submitted abstract)
- Names and affiliations of all authors (each author to be marked with superscript Arabic number (such as 1, 2) with their corresponding institute affiliation and their addresses.
- The logo of the affiliated institution/university should be placed on the upper left hand corner, whilst the first author’s color photograph (passport style) should be placed on the upper right hand corner of the poster.
- Arial font should be used throughout the poster with such clarity that it could be read from 1.5 meters distance. The title and subheadings should be written in bold. Italics should be avoided as it would be harder to read from a distance.
- Please be considerate when using colors for the presentation, keep only 2-3 colors as this would be a formal scientific poster presentation. Please select background colors that contrast well with the font to allow easier reading of your text. Avoid background with bright or dark color and full of texture as this will distract readers.
- Make sure that any photographs or figures being used in the poster are with sufficient size so that they are clearly visible, with a minimum 300-dpi resolution. The number of photographs should be limited to only those that are essential and relevant for the poster (preferable not exceeding 4-6 photos). Do not submit any photographs or pictures that are not relevant to the text, such as cartoon characters, etc. Photographs for case report presentation should be in standard quality for all extra-oral/intra-oral photos and pre-treatment/post-treatment photos. Radiographs view must be in good quality and have minimal distortion.
- Graphs and tables should be well organized and the font used should be of a size that is easy to read.
- Content of poster presentation
- Research (Introduction, Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusion, References and Acknowledgment).
- Case Report (Introduction, Objectives, Case Operation Procedure, Discussion, Conclusion References and Acknowledgment).
- Literature Review (Introduction, Literature studies, Discussion, Conclusion and References).
- Declaration of Conflict of Interest for all authors; if there are no relevant conflicts, this must be included on the poster.
- Contact details (optional), so that interested delegates may contact you
- Data must be given in units that are generally accepted in scientific publications (international metric system is preferred)
- At the footer/bottom part of poster presentation, should be noted : Presented at :
The Jakarta Convention Center
SUBMITTING YOUR E-POSTER (PDF Format Only)
- The Committee only accepts e-poster in a PDF format only.
- Please submit your e-poster to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline to submit your E-Poster Submission is 30 Agustus 2019
- Failure to submit your e-poster by the deadline would result your presentation being cancelled.